Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Daybed

Question
daybed
daybed  
extender
extender  
QUESTION: Hi George,

I was wondering what information you could give me about this daybed, specifically location and approximate year of production as well as current value. Dimensions are 60" long x 28" deep. There is an extender as well under the bed to lengthen.

Thank you,
Alan

ANSWER: At first glance this looks like a 19th century reproduction of an 18th Century louis 16th style daybed. If it is older it will increase the value, but I need to see more detailed photos.

Please send me photos of the underside and a close up of the leg where it meets the horizontal support and I will try to help you.

underside
underside  

legs
legs  
QUESTION: Hi Michael,

First of all I'm so sorry for putting the wrong name, I don't know where I got that. Secondly, here are the follow up images that you request. I hope this helps determine the value.

Thank you,
Alan

Answer
Thanks for the photos, this is a late 20th century reproduction of an 18th Century louis 16th style daybed, from the additional photos I can see that this bed was made around 1980. So this is considered a decorative piece of furniture, but the style is very desirable and probably not too difficult to sell. I would estimate the bed to sell in a used furniture store for around $500 dollars. This means that if you sell it to a store you will only get around $200 to $250 dollars for the bed.  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Michael Andrew Wilson