Collectibles-General (Antiques)/KAYanEE sew master

Question
1940s manual child's machine...makes a chain stitch but will not catch the loop of thread underneath unless tilted on side and manually caught by holding the loop maker with free hand. Of course no little girl can sew like that! I can see that it works, I just don't know how to adjust it underneath to make it catch the loop each time it comes down. It makes a fine chain stitch if I hold it down each time.....thanks for amy help you have to give. My great Aunt gave me the machine, it's in pristine condition and I am keen to teach my little granddaughter if only I can get it to catch! Thank you so much! Also I may need threading instructions...I have not removed the original thread in case I mess up.

Answer
Hello Pam,
I do have the threading instructions for the KAYandEE machine and am always happy to share them.  Perhaps these will help re: stitching problems.

Please send me an email with subject line as: Pam - KAYandEE instructions.
Send to me at:  xtahoeviews@yahoo.com

Irene

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Irene Schwall