Collectibles-General (Antiques)/KAYanEE sew master

1940s manual child's machine...makes a chain stitch but will not catch the loop of thread underneath unless tilted on side and manually caught by holding the loop maker with free hand. Of course no little girl can sew like that! I can see that it works, I just don't know how to adjust it underneath to make it catch the loop each time it comes down. It makes a fine chain stitch if I hold it down each time.....thanks for amy help you have to give. My great Aunt gave me the machine, it's in pristine condition and I am keen to teach my little granddaughter if only I can get it to catch! Thank you so much! Also I may need threading instructions...I have not removed the original thread in case I mess up.

Hello Pam,
I do have the threading instructions for the KAYandEE machine and am always happy to share them.  Perhaps these will help re: stitching problems.

Please send me an email with subject line as: Pam - KAYandEE instructions.
Send to me at:

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Irene Schwall

I have been a collector of antique sewing tools and thimbles for over 30 years. I am also a dealer in this field and sell on eBay under the name -- serengeti2. I am NOT, and I repeat NOT an expert on antique or vintage domestic household sewing machines used for everyday home sewing. I can offer help when it comes to Toy or miniature collectible sewing machines ONLY.

See information provided above.

Thimble Collectors International
SCTC - Southern California Thimble Club
SDTC - San Diego Thimble Club
OTS - Ohio Thimble Seekers
Priscilla Nutmeggers - CT/MA/NH
Dorset Thimble Society - UK
Rund um den Fingerhut - Germany
Cyberthimble on Yahoo

I belong to Thimble Collectors International & I chair the committee 'Publishing/Grants' and oversee the research and publication of booklets relating to sewing tools and thimbles. I have also had articles published on needlework related topics.

See information provided above.