Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Porcelain and Bronze Candelabra

Question
base view
base view  
straight on view
straight on view  
QUESTION: Hi Dennis,

First of all, thank you for having answered my questions so well already. I was wondering what information you could give me now about this pheasant painted porcelain and bronze candelabra, again I am interested in approximate year of production and current value.

Measurements are 20" wide and 19" tall

Thank you again,
Alan

ANSWER: Alan,

It is always my pleasure to assist.  Just remember to leave feedback which helps me too...

This piece looks to be outstanding and looks European to me, maybe Sevres (famous French ceramics Manufacturer from the 1800's...Nevertheless, if this were mine, I would bring it to an auction gallery - carefully of course - and have them appraise it.  You can send photos to Skinner, Inc. if you'd like or any of the other big houses - maybe even Sotheby's New York because this one looks out of my league...and it looks fairly valuable from the photos.

If you decide to go that route and I can help further, please let me know.  I would be very interested to know if this turns out to be a nice piece.

Best,

Dennis

screw head
screw head  

closer up
closer up  
QUESTION: Hi Dennis,

Thank you, that is exciting to hear! We absolutely plan to have them appraised by one of these establishments. In the meantime I have noticed that the candle holder itself is attached by a fillips head screw, I am attaching this picture in case this can give you anything more to go off of in terms of guessing at their origin and value.

Thanks again,
Alan

Answer
Alan

Where in the world are these pieces coming from?  They are outstanding and very decorative!!!  If you are ever considering selling some of these pieces please let me know...my goodness they're beautiful.

This one looks to be European as well although if you could provide a close up of the arm of the candleabra and another close up of the decoration of the base that would help.  At first blush this once again looks to be 3rd quarter to late 19th century.  The painting looks amazing and the bronze work from the distance you photographed the piece looks very good.

If all the painting is good and the bronze has not been bent/repaired I would estimate this piece again to be in the $500 - $750 range if all is perfect.  Gorgeous piece to say the least.  Let me know if you need any more information.

Dennis

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Dennis Wolbach