Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Radio Cabinet?

Music cabinet a
Music cabinet a  

Music cabinet b
Music cabinet b  
This appears to be fairly old, but maybe at one time converted to a radio cabinet. Any thoughts on the age, original use and value?

looks to be a 1920s cabinet.  there were radio cabinets in this style and form but without eyes on examination I couldnt say if this was.

i would suggest you do something to the interior to make it more appealing to sell.  perhaps a glass shelf, mirror in the back and fabric on the sides.  a little time and very little money to enhance the piece.  After that ask 350.  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971