Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Rattan Rocking Chair

Question
Rocking Chair
Rocking Chair  
Hello. This rocking chair belonged to my great grandmother. I would really like to know more about it such as the approximate age of the chair. The tag/label is on the underside of the seat of the chair. It seems to be in very good shape. We only see one cracked/frayed spot underneath the chair seat. Any information you can provide is very much appreciated.

Thank you,
Tonda

Answer
You have a nice rocker made by the Heywood Morrell Rattan co. in the 1880=1900 range. It is missing it's pressed cane seat under the wood cover. You can leave as is or have a new seat installed and anything else that needs a touch up. I would also recommend you cover the label with a clear vinyl or plastic taped on to protect it. A label means a lot to collectors. Do NOT tape over the label with out the clear underneath.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Anderson's Restorations-Rob Anderson