Collectibles-General (Antiques)/rock-ola 484 jute box

Hi Rodger,
I was wondering if you give me some history and background and age to the jute box I have. My brother gave it to me as a gift and did not know much about it and I'm really curious about the history of it. Also how difficult and expensive is it to get the coin deposit to accept the coin, it goes in but drops right out . Thank you , K

Hi Kathy,

I show your Rockola Jukebox model 448 as being made in 1981. All my collectable books and information end at the end of the collectable jukeboxes. These were the old boxes where you could see in the machine inside and see the record being selected, deposited on the table and playing. After the mid 70's the new jukeboxes where consoles where you could no longer see the records being played and this is where the old valuable collectable jukebox ended. After that you see these late 1970 early 1980 jukeboxes which are the old consoles selling from 200.00 to 800.00 and they are nice, played very good music, but the collectors wanted old jukeboxes that they could see the record being played. Your jukebox does show up in the value guides as a 1981 made jukebox with an average value of around 500.00 or more, but you have to grade it first before you can read its real value. If you would like to email me at: for this information, I would be happy to send all this information back to you so you can determined its value based on its grade or condition, and what that value is.

Thank You

Rodger Knutson  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Rodger Knutson

I am an expert on old coin operated machines, slot machines, trade stimulator's, jukeboxes, old arcade machines, etc. I have been identifying these for people who respond to my web site listed below, for a few years now. In almost all cases I am able to tell them about their old coin operated machines, the year, the value, and other general information about their machines. I do not know much about soda vending machines, coin banks, or scales, but I will try to help you with these if I can. Please email photo's to: My web site is at:

I bought my first slot machine, a .50 Cent Mills Black Cherry in 1969 and have been hooked from that time, I still have that Slot machine! Before that I found a open barrel full of old scraped jukebox wall boxes behind a restaurant, I wanted them all but never took a one of them. Anything that took a coin drove me nuts!

C.O.C.A. and other slot and coin operated machine groups, associations, groups, and clubs.

Many, the Coinslot magazine, always juken, Coin Slot Journal, Slot Box Collector, and others that I don’t remember at this time.

Graduated from Ballard High School in 1969, went to Edison Technical Collage for a couple of years taking welding and metal fabrication, tig, mig, heliarc, also arc and gas welding and fabrication. Then Apprenticed under a slot machine technician who worked in the slot machine industry Reno Nevada, and set up bar poker progressive machines in the casino's, and repaired machine and did the repairs on slot machine circuit boards there. He also was involved in the 2 hand dealer's market and bought and sold machines at the casinos auctions for the secondary market, which includes selling used machine overseas. I learned a ton from this man; he always had the correct answers and took the time to teach me the business. My interest and knowledge in other and older coin operated machine is for the most part, self-taught. It's been my passion from back in 1968 and before, my thirst for knowledge about these machines has kept me more interested over the years, and keeps me searching for more information even today. I have meet and talked to book authors on these machines, attended hundreds of coin operated shows and auctions, and I stay with that to this very day.

Take a look at my allexperts rating, and my guest book, links to these are at Also you can check my 100 percent rating on ebay, as I have been there with ebay from their day one, I am user coinslots at ebay. My other awards come from the very people that I deal with, I always make them happy, no matter what it takes, but they always are happy anyway as the countless thank you letters testify to me, so I know I am doing right, and the best I can. I have found so many hard to find parts for people, I hunt them down and don't stop until I find what is needed to get that customers machine running again and back to life, that is my main goal.

Client privacy prevents this answer, as some are VIP and famous and I will not betray the trust.