Collectibles-General (Antiques)/shuffleboard

Cant find anything about  a Penn shuffleboard found in a church basement. The table is 20ft 7 and 3/4in long. It is made of a  composite not sure of. Has 1 hole in the middle of each end. made in 1949. would like to know how to finish it and how this type of game is played.It is not the black beauty, could send pics. if you are interested. Thanks Bob Bishopikg

Hi Bob,
Thanks for writing and Merry Christmas to you! There is a search box above on all experts here, just type in shuffle board or even Penn shuffleboard as I have answered this question before. These are not really coin operated machine but none the less I do know a little about them and you can see a lot by doing this search here. I will also include some links below where you can find out tons of information by following them:

Bowling Alley and Shuffle Alley:
Coin Operated Bowling Alley and Shuffle Alley History & Evolution;

Doc Doom, 1-(800) 241-8577
E-mail Doc at

St. Louis Ball Bowler Company

The Pinball Resource

1958 United Bonus Ball Bowler, repair #1

Coin Operated Bowling Alley
and Shuffle Alley History & Evolution

Shuffleboard Table Restoration

Shuffleboard History

Also: on our forum there is information at:

Thank You

Rodger Knutson

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Rodger Knutson

I am an expert on old coin operated machines, slot machines, trade stimulator's, jukeboxes, old arcade machines, etc. I have been identifying these for people who respond to my web site listed below, for a few years now. In almost all cases I am able to tell them about their old coin operated machines, the year, the value, and other general information about their machines. I do not know much about soda vending machines, coin banks, or scales, but I will try to help you with these if I can. Please email photo's to: My web site is at:

I bought my first slot machine, a .50 Cent Mills Black Cherry in 1969 and have been hooked from that time, I still have that Slot machine! Before that I found a open barrel full of old scraped jukebox wall boxes behind a restaurant, I wanted them all but never took a one of them. Anything that took a coin drove me nuts!

C.O.C.A. and other slot and coin operated machine groups, associations, groups, and clubs.

Many, the Coinslot magazine, always juken, Coin Slot Journal, Slot Box Collector, and others that I don’t remember at this time.

Graduated from Ballard High School in 1969, went to Edison Technical Collage for a couple of years taking welding and metal fabrication, tig, mig, heliarc, also arc and gas welding and fabrication. Then Apprenticed under a slot machine technician who worked in the slot machine industry Reno Nevada, and set up bar poker progressive machines in the casino's, and repaired machine and did the repairs on slot machine circuit boards there. He also was involved in the 2 hand dealer's market and bought and sold machines at the casinos auctions for the secondary market, which includes selling used machine overseas. I learned a ton from this man; he always had the correct answers and took the time to teach me the business. My interest and knowledge in other and older coin operated machine is for the most part, self-taught. It's been my passion from back in 1968 and before, my thirst for knowledge about these machines has kept me more interested over the years, and keeps me searching for more information even today. I have meet and talked to book authors on these machines, attended hundreds of coin operated shows and auctions, and I stay with that to this very day.

Take a look at my allexperts rating, and my guest book, links to these are at Also you can check my 100 percent rating on ebay, as I have been there with ebay from their day one, I am user coinslots at ebay. My other awards come from the very people that I deal with, I always make them happy, no matter what it takes, but they always are happy anyway as the countless thank you letters testify to me, so I know I am doing right, and the best I can. I have found so many hard to find parts for people, I hunt them down and don't stop until I find what is needed to get that customers machine running again and back to life, that is my main goal.

Client privacy prevents this answer, as some are VIP and famous and I will not betray the trust.