Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Antique Rocking Chair

Mystery Company
Mystery Company  
QUESTION: i brought an antique rocking chair at a yard sale, I was going to reupholster it until I found two sticker at the bottom of the ottoman. The first sticker had a Mahagony Association Inc in red and gold with the number 210 and the other sticker which is half torn is oval, red and white, and the little I think I can make out it says Grand Rapids Michigan the number 410 written in pencil and theses words/ slogan at the bottom of the red sticker "upholstering frames of quality" I was wondering what you could tell me about this piece and and how much it may be worth.  If it's worth something I definetely want to keep it!

ANSWER: please use the follow up function and post good clear readable pictures of the labels.

Mahogany association
Mahogany association  

Red label
Red label  
QUESTION: These are the picture of the label on the bottom of the ottoman, anything you can tell me about it and how much it is valued would be great.

The oval sticker is from Colonial Furniture Co.  Grand Rapids, MI.

rocker would sell in a shop at 250-325.  ottoman 75.

The mahogany association sticker was to verify it is solid or veneer mahogany and not another wood species stained to look like mahogany.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971