Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Chair antique or can I stain it and reapulster

Question
Old chair ?
Old chair ?  
Hi just purchased this old chair, liked the style and I tought of changing the fabric to leather, the inside label read 1929-1943 5422 Morrison Ave Philadelphia PA. The fabric it's incredably clean, not aged or even worn out, seams as if no one sat on it. It's very heavy including the Cushing, the wood it's not ding, with any insect or damaged in any way.  This chair has no smell either. I would feel awful to destroy the original to make it more modern. It's my 1st time buying this type of old chair and I have no experience, I would like to learn more about it. Any help would be amazing.
Thank you.

Answer
fabric may or may not be original, chair is from the 1920s., recovering will not hurt value.  done properly it would increase value.  wood should be waxed with a furniture paste wax, no automotive waxes.

very nice easy chair.

not sure what you wanted to know, style is colonial revival.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein