Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Duncan Phyfe end table

Damaged legs
Damaged legs  

Duncan Phyfe End Table
Duncan Phyfe End Table  
I know I have a Duncan Phyfe end table but have no idea the age. The legs were repaired once and are broken again. I have search the internet for replacement legs as well as replacement pedestals and have not found what appears to be a good match. Is it worth the expense to repair? Maybe I should part it out? My husband say throw it! Have a glass top that goes with it also. Have about $50 into it($10 auction find, $40 repair bill). I'm sending the two pictures that will best show you the damage as well as the table to identify.

duncan phyfe and sheraton style table.  1920-40.

at my shop to repair the legs would cost 150-200 to do both.
it is not easy to do properly.

your husband is on point on this.  to put more money into this would be wasteful, you can find another one at 50 that has not been repaired or broken.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971