Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Rogers Wardrobe Trunk Key

Question
In one of your other answers, you suggested that you occasionally sell keys for old trunks.  I have an old Rogers trunk that is locked with no key.  Can you tell me what kind of information you or someone else would need to be able to determine if I could get a key?  Are the locks easy to pick?  Thanks, Bill

Answer
Bill,

Since there were several American lock companies which sold locks to the trunk makers, you would need the maker of the lock and the key code, which is usually stamped somewhere on the front of the lock. If there is no key code, then it can be much more difficult to find a key. A good picture of the lock can help sometimes and there are various types of keys used in trunk locks, including hollow barrel keys, flat keys, and corrugated style keys. Some are very hard to pick while some are not so hard, but I am not an expert on that.  

Marvin  ThisOldTrunk.com

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Marvin D. Miller