Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Scholle Furniture Coffee Table Value

Front view
Front view  

Leg View
Leg View  
We have a table that it is inscribed with "Home of Scholle Good Furniture, Wabash Ave, Opposite Palmer House" in great condition and are curious of the value of the piece. We would appreciate any input. Thank you for your time.

palmer house was a theater built in 1881 in chicago.

at the time this table was manufactured Scholles was a retailer and did no manufacturing.  that would have been around the 1920-1930s.

the decorations on the knee of the legs appears to be what is called compo, a resin of sorts used to cast carvings on furniture at the time.

nice table, if the leather is good it should sell in a shop at 300.

i cannot see the wood grain in the photos but it is most likely it is sweet gum or tulip poplar.  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971