Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Stow-Davis piece

Stow-Davis Piece
Stow-Davis Piece  

Stow-Davis Underside
Stow-Davis Underside  
Good evening. I am considering getting this Stow-Davis refurbished for selling purposes.#1.What exactly is it? #2.Do you feel its worth the cost? Thanks for your time.

this was after WW2 up to the early 50s.

if there was never a drawer then it was a phone table.  if it had a drawer then it was an end table.

you would probably get 65-75 at most if you did a super restoration job, so you have to decide if restoration is profitable.

i would say to wax it up and then sell.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971