Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Antique Bed set

Antique Bed
Antique Bed  

Hi, I purchased this set of wood furniture, but I don't know what it is, its value or where and when it was made. Can you help?

Since there were about 5000 furniture manyfacturers operating in the USA in 1910 when this was made it would be impossible to say which manufactured this set without seeing a label.

The wood is walnut veneer ont the faces and the frame is most likely sweet gum stanied to match.

Around here the bed and vanity would sell around 800$.

hope this helps, if you have any more questions about this please use the followup function.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971