Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Antique Mission Rocker

Front of chair
Front of chair  

Bottom of Chair
Bottom of Chair  
My husband has had this old rocker in our basement for YEARS.  I would like to sell it but know nothing about it's value (if there is any).  All materials are original.  It needs some repair as you can see in the photos but structurally is in great shape.  I'd.  There are no labels or company stamps anywhere that I can see.  Any help on where and when this chair is from would be appreciated!

Kim - A slight correction - the chair is not Mission style. It is from the same era as the Arts & Crafts/Mission furniture (early 20th century) but the chair style is Empire Revival. It was probably part of a three or four piece parlor set.

Here is a similar full set that sold at auction for $365.

Your chair would probably sell at auction in the $100 range.

Thanks for writing.

Fred Taylor

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Fred Taylor

I will attempt to answer questions about American antique furniture, including construction details, style, period, manufacturers, care, repair and storage. I do not have any background in appliances, musical instruments, sewing machines, trunks, lighting, clocks or children's and baby furniture and will not respond to questions about those items.

I ran an antique furniture restoration business for twenty years. I am a nationally syndicated columnist on the subject of antique furniture for such publications as Antique Week and New England Antiques Journal. I have produced one video on the subject of furniture identification and my book "HOW TO BE A FURNITURE DETECTIVE" is now available.I have also published articles in Antique Trader, Chicago Art Deco Society, Northeast Magazine, Victorian Decorating and Lifestyles, Professional Refinishing, Antiques and Art Around Florida and Antique Shoppe. You can visit my website at

BSBA Finance, University of Florida, MBA Finance, University of Florida