Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Antique Mission Rocker

Question
Front of chair
Front of chair  

Bottom of Chair
Bottom of Chair  
My husband has had this old rocker in our basement for YEARS.  I would like to sell it but know nothing about it's value (if there is any).  All materials are original.  It needs some repair as you can see in the photos but structurally is in great shape.  I'd.  There are no labels or company stamps anywhere that I can see.  Any help on where and when this chair is from would be appreciated!

Answer
Kim - A slight correction - the chair is not Mission style. It is from the same era as the Arts & Crafts/Mission furniture (early 20th century) but the chair style is Empire Revival. It was probably part of a three or four piece parlor set.

Here is a similar full set that sold at auction for $365.
http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/7416257

Your chair would probably sell at auction in the $100 range.

Thanks for writing.

Fred Taylor

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Fred Taylor