Collectibles-General (Antiques)/coin op telescope

I have a coin-op telescope and am trying to get more information about it. the scope is marked Bausch & Lomb, I was told that it was made by a company called American Science but have not been able to find any information about them, or about the company Telescopes Inc. from Gatlinburg Tenn. who operated it. The telescope was located at the look-off in Nova Scotia. The scope itself and the focus work perfect, the coin mech is missing, any information you can provide would be appreciated.
Thank you, Myron

Hi Myron,

One thing about answering questions here is you're a sitting duck for the hard questions as you just handed me. I know these and have seen them, and talked to a guy once that worked for the company that made them for a while. They are several companies making these and they are not cheap. The route guys pay a good price for these to put out in public to grab those coins up, but I guess they need very little care, and sit there for years and years just taking in those coins. I have a set of internet links that will help you research your scope. They still make them that look like yours with maybe some new changes. This is a fun item to have if you had a place to place it and could make the missing stand for it. I would like one myself one day, so if you're looking to sell sometime just let me know. Ok, here are the links that will help you:

Coin operated binoculars & Telescopes:
Here are some links for you:

Hope all this information helps you Myron
Thank You
Rodger Knutson

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Rodger Knutson

I am an expert on old coin operated machines, slot machines, trade stimulator's, jukeboxes, old arcade machines, etc. I have been identifying these for people who respond to my web site listed below, for a few years now. In almost all cases I am able to tell them about their old coin operated machines, the year, the value, and other general information about their machines. I do not know much about soda vending machines, coin banks, or scales, but I will try to help you with these if I can. Please email photo's to: My web site is at:

I bought my first slot machine, a .50 Cent Mills Black Cherry in 1969 and have been hooked from that time, I still have that Slot machine! Before that I found a open barrel full of old scraped jukebox wall boxes behind a restaurant, I wanted them all but never took a one of them. Anything that took a coin drove me nuts!

C.O.C.A. and other slot and coin operated machine groups, associations, groups, and clubs.

Many, the Coinslot magazine, always juken, Coin Slot Journal, Slot Box Collector, and others that I don’t remember at this time.

Graduated from Ballard High School in 1969, went to Edison Technical Collage for a couple of years taking welding and metal fabrication, tig, mig, heliarc, also arc and gas welding and fabrication. Then Apprenticed under a slot machine technician who worked in the slot machine industry Reno Nevada, and set up bar poker progressive machines in the casino's, and repaired machine and did the repairs on slot machine circuit boards there. He also was involved in the 2 hand dealer's market and bought and sold machines at the casinos auctions for the secondary market, which includes selling used machine overseas. I learned a ton from this man; he always had the correct answers and took the time to teach me the business. My interest and knowledge in other and older coin operated machine is for the most part, self-taught. It's been my passion from back in 1968 and before, my thirst for knowledge about these machines has kept me more interested over the years, and keeps me searching for more information even today. I have meet and talked to book authors on these machines, attended hundreds of coin operated shows and auctions, and I stay with that to this very day.

Take a look at my allexperts rating, and my guest book, links to these are at Also you can check my 100 percent rating on ebay, as I have been there with ebay from their day one, I am user coinslots at ebay. My other awards come from the very people that I deal with, I always make them happy, no matter what it takes, but they always are happy anyway as the countless thank you letters testify to me, so I know I am doing right, and the best I can. I have found so many hard to find parts for people, I hunt them down and don't stop until I find what is needed to get that customers machine running again and back to life, that is my main goal.

Client privacy prevents this answer, as some are VIP and famous and I will not betray the trust.