Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Flint & Horner Dining Room table

Table leg closeup
Table leg closeup  
I have this expanding dining room table and I'm trying to find out if it has any value or if it should be scrapped. By description, it has drop leafs on both ends and includes separate leafs and pads for expansion. The legs have a claws-foot like design. There is a plate attached underneath that identifies it as a Flint & Horner Co. Unfortunately, the top has sustained some damage in 2 places which is probably repairable. Any information you can provide would be appreciated. Thank You.

This table often called duncan phyfe style although sheraton style is better was made in the early 1940s.

this would have been after flint was manufacturing and were a retailer.  i am pretty sure of this but would like to see a picture of the label, you can use the followup function to post a picture with this question and reply.

a restoration would cost around 650, table would have a retail selling point of 5-650 after restoration.

do you have any of the insertable leaves??

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971