Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Looking for info

Coffee table
Coffee table  

table opened
table opened  
Hello just wondering if you could maybe tell me about this coffee table like maker and yr. As you can see in the second picture its turns so you can open it and make it bigger.

If there is no label, no one can tell you the manufacturer since so many were in operation.  It is unusual.  Most that fold out are taller like a game table.

veneer is mahogany flame grain or crotch grain on the top opened.

From the 1940s

nice, thanks

i recommend that you buy a good furniture paste wax like Briwax and wax the whole table, leather and all.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971