Collectibles-General (Antiques)/mahogany dining table

Table top
Table top  

table legs
table legs  
hi!  I have this table that belonged to my grandmother (maybe her mom too?). It is a 54" round that has 4 leaves to expand to 8'. Very good condition. No manufacture's marking though. I have the protective pads and I can't remember the table ever without them on.

I am looking to sell it, but have no idea how to label it or what it may be worth. Help please?

although i cannot verify the wood species from the pictures as the glare and distance from the wood grain prevents this.  the table is one made around 1900-1910.  the leags are called trumpet or vase shape and were characteristic of william and mary style.

in my shop i would price it at 1500-2200 depending on how it looked in person.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971