Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Old Dresser

Question
Front
Front  

Rear
Rear  
I currently have an older wood dresser.  It's been in my family as long as I can remember, amd originally belonged to my great grandmother.  Can you help me identify the general time frame it was built, and what wood it is made from?   It has a high gloss finish that I don't think is original, but want to be sure before I consider refinishing it.  Thank you in advance -

Paul

Answer
quarter sawn oak and oak veneer (quartersawn oak) base for a princess dresser or low dresser.

rather than refinish to kill the gloss use #ooo steel wood and after removing the hardware, rub with the steel wood (#000) with the grain using long even strokes.  this will kill the sheen.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein