Collectibles-General (Antiques)/An older desk

Hi I wanted to see if you could tell me what they called this desk? How old it is ? And how much you think it is worth. Thank you

This is a 1920s spinet desk.  legs should unscrew from desk section.  Has the original finish from the factory.

this is a good one, not the common grade and would sell at 750, most are at 350-400.

picture is not clear enough to see wood grain.  

probably walnut or mahogany with the legs made of sweet gum.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971