Collectibles-General (Antiques)/R-Way Table & Tell City Chairs

Table & Chairs
Table & Chairs  

Leafs Down
Leafs Down  
This table has a simple R-Way stamp on the inside on the wood when pulled apart.  It has two leafs not shown.  I've only found one other to compare, and it is on the 1stdibs site for $3,900, but I think this might be a "feel good" value.  I'm wondering the value and if it was made in the 1950's.  The chairs are Tell City.  The fabric is new. I'm also wondering their age and value.  I bought it all refinished as in the picture.  Thank you for your time.

your able will be mahogany veneer on the top and aprons.  either mahogany or sweet gum for the legs and pedestals.  Chairs will be sweet gum, possibly mahogany maybe birch.

it is from the 1940s.

i am afraid to give a number becasue i do not know what you paid but here goes.

chairs would sell in a normal shop at 85-125 each

table would sell at 750-800.

hope this is what you wanted.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971