Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Small drop Leaf Table

Front of Table
Front of Table  
QUESTION: This little table was in my grandparents house as long as I can remember (1950) and I have it now.  I think it is mahogany.  Can you tell me anything about it?

ANSWER: please retake photo one.

thanks use the followup function to post it.

Front Retake
Front Retake  

QUESTION: As requested.  Thanks so much.

the drawer pull has been changed as you can see the patches from the old one.  a good job.

it is mahogany, drawer veneer is flame grain mahogany.

it was advertised as an end table in the 1920-40s when it would have been sold.

dont know what else you needed.

would sell in a shop at 200-250 after waxing.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971