Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Victorian Chair and Love Seat

Loveseat Couch
Loveseat Couch  
QUESTION: Hello Robert,

I am needing to sell an old Victorian style chair and love seat. I don't know much about it but the tag on the bottom says Kimball Furniture Co. 1929.Can you tell me what a fair asking price would be? Fair to me and the buyer.

Thank you in advance for your time.

ANSWER: please use the follow up function and post a picture of the label

QUESTION: Label image

The date on the law tag is when the law making the tag nessary was put into place.

the furniture is from 1940-50.  Kimball and a couple of  others were in Montgomery as it says on the tag.  They all did the victorian reproduction.

in todays market the chair would sell fairly at 200-250 and the loveseat at 350-450.
keep in mind that condition is important.

hope this is what you needed.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971