Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Wingback Chair

Question
Wingback Chair
Wingback Chair  

Chair Tag
Chair Tag  
Hello Mr. Klein!

I found this chair on the side of the road in SW Louisiana. I took it home so my husband and I could reupholster the chair. I am not sure why this thought never crossed my mind but when we were about to start dismanteling the chair I found a tag under the cushion. Which lead to me wondering when the chair was made and the style. If you could help that would be great! The tag I found inside says it was made by (New Orleans Furniture MFG. CO. Columbia, Mississippi) No. 10. The tag also details the type of material and the compliance article which reads: "This article is made in compliance with an act of: Dist. Of Col. Approved July 3, 1926; Kansas, approved March 1923; Minn. approved April 24, 1929; New Jersey revised Statutes 26:- 10-6 to 18. Lic. In Md."

Answer
we call the tag the 'law tag' as it must be on upholstered items starting in the 1920s.

chair is from the 1950-60s.  these are much better made than modern chairs and once repuholstered can be made most comfortable.

there is no particular style other than it is a french provincial styled wing back chair.

hope this is what you needed.

thanks

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein