Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Antique Buffet with Konvenio Drawer

Question
Buffet 1
Buffet 1  

Buffet 2
Buffet 2  
Fred, I am refinishing the buffet shown in the picture below. I would appreciate your feedback on style and age and wood (mahogany? but it is brownish and not reddish in color).

Also the Konvenio drawer is not something I have seen before. Can you tell me anything about it?

Thank you.

Gary

Answer
Gary - The cabinet is made of different cuts of walnut veneer. The photo is too dark for me to specifically identify the cuts. The cabinet is from the Depression era of the 1930s. The drawer was used to store plates and silver ware. The plates went on the bottom and the silver went on the shelves.

That style drawer saw limited use and did not survive the Depression. It was a waste of space and duplicated some of the functions of a china cabinet.

Thanks for writing.

Fred Taylor

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Fred Taylor