Collectibles-General (Antiques)/corbin doublehasp trunk lock

I bought a old trunk that has a corbin double hasp lock and i need a key to it. I found one ( not for sale ) but the number on it looks like plll. Do you or anyone know where i can buy one or have one made.  Thanks Bob

Hello Bob,

From my experience those Corbin double hasp locks do not all use the same key. There is often a key code somewhere on the lock itself, stamped into the metal, sometimes pretty small but large enough to read. It's often near the bottom of the front side, but can be in other places. If you find the key code you have a much better chance of finding the right key and I may be able to help as I have a large selection of old trunk keys. If there is no code on the lock, it is usually trial and error to try keys that may fit, unless you can find a good locksmith who works on old locks. Also, if you can't find a code, you may want to contact Island Trunk Shop as Micheal has a lot of knowledge about the old trunk locks and keys and he may know which style keys usually work those locks. A picture of the lock may be needed also.  His information is online.  
Good luck,

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Marvin D. Miller

I can answer questions related to antique trunks, their age, manufacturers, styles, patents, etc, including all types of trunks such as steamer trunks, saratoga trunks, Victorian trunks, slat trunks, toy and doll trunks, stagecoach trunks, valises, hat trunks, and others.

I have over 40 years experience in trunk restoration, collecting, and research. I own the most extensive collection of historical documents, catalogs, maker's labels, cards, etc. related to antique trunks. I am always updating my inventory of historical documents and antique trunks.

Association of American Antique Trunk Restorers, President.

Primarily on the website Cotton & Quail Antiques newspaper (Southeast). Antique Journal magazine.

Bachelor of Arts from the University of Georgia. I have conducted extensive research related to the topic of trunk manufacturers and trunk styles in the U.S. and Europe.

Have consulted for the Pawn Stars TV show on antique trunks. I have sold antique trunks to museums in California and Florida and to customers around the world.