Collectibles-General (Antiques)/corbin doublehasp trunk lock

Question
I bought a old trunk that has a corbin double hasp lock and i need a key to it. I found one ( not for sale ) but the number on it looks like plll. Do you or anyone know where i can buy one or have one made.  Thanks Bob

Answer
Hello Bob,

From my experience those Corbin double hasp locks do not all use the same key. There is often a key code somewhere on the lock itself, stamped into the metal, sometimes pretty small but large enough to read. It's often near the bottom of the front side, but can be in other places. If you find the key code you have a much better chance of finding the right key and I may be able to help as I have a large selection of old trunk keys. If there is no code on the lock, it is usually trial and error to try keys that may fit, unless you can find a good locksmith who works on old locks. Also, if you can't find a code, you may want to contact Island Trunk Shop as Micheal has a lot of knowledge about the old trunk locks and keys and he may know which style keys usually work those locks. A picture of the lock may be needed also.  His information is online.  
Good luck,
Marvin  ThisOldTrunk.com

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Marvin D. Miller