Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Flint & Horner Bed

Question
Flints Fine Furniture label
Flints Fine Furniture  

Flint & Horner Twin Bed
Flint & Horner Twin Be  
I have a twin bed and the furniture label reads: Flints Fine Furniture founded 1840, Flint & Horner Co. Inc., New York. I was going to put the bed in a yard sale and a friend said I may want to check with an antique appraiser first. The bed has the headboard, foot board, and rails and it has small wheels. Any information you could give will be greatly appreciated. Thank you kindly.

Answer
There is a lot of info online about flint and horner.  really too much to go into here.

know that they did manufacture furniture when it was flint and when it was flint and horner.  again whin it was flint fine furniture but around the time this bed was made, 1920s, flint was moving towards being only a retailer and not a manufacturer.  Regardless, items with the label will always indicate quality, always.

I cannot tell the wood from the photos but it does appear to be an original color as these were usially dark mahogany or dark walnut whether or not the wood was as they used birch, beech, tulip poplar also.

in a retail shop this would price at 650-700.

hope this is what you needed.

thanks

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein