Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Huntley Simmons Dining Room Set

back of buffet
back of buffet  
QUESTION: I am looking to sell this dining room set and would like to know what it's value is.

It has a dining room table, 6 chairs, one is an arm chair, a buffet, and a china cabinet. On the back of the 2 big pieces is the following info: 6120, the piece that it is, i.e. buffet, and MHY. The seat covers have been redone. 2 of the 3 leaves are warped, I think it's due to the way they had been stored. I would say overall the condition of the set is good.

I have taken numerous photos. If you would like to see more please let me know.

Thank you in advance for your help.

ANSWER: use the followup function and post two pictures of the rest of the set.  I cannot evaluate if i cannot see.

pic of table, chair (one will do), and china

china cabinet
china cabinet  

QUESTION: here are pictures of the china cabinet and the underneath of the table. I will send additional photos.

retail in shop pricing per piece would be variable based on the actual condition of the surfaces and assuming a sound structure, no repairs needed other than cleaning and waxing.  Warped leaves cannot be straightened easily if at all.

pictures from this an previous post:

china cabinet

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971