Collectibles-General (Antiques)/what does mhg desk no 692 415 on the back of a desk mean

Question
Desk
Desk  

Inside
Inside  
What does "mhg desk no 692 415" on the back of a desk mean? I have had the desk 40 years. It is a small secretaries desk.

Answer
mah means mahogany.  it could be mahogany finish or mahogany wood.  in your case i see mahogany veneer and birch woods.  

the numbers are proprietary to the company or manufacturer.  inventory, color, style, wood.  those numbers we rarely can decipher since we cannot get company information but usually it is style and inventory.

your desk was made around 1910-20. a ladies fall front writing desk or secretary desk.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein