Collectibles-General (Antiques)/what does mhg desk no 692 415 on the back of a desk mean

What does "mhg desk no 692 415" on the back of a desk mean? I have had the desk 40 years. It is a small secretaries desk.

mah means mahogany.  it could be mahogany finish or mahogany wood.  in your case i see mahogany veneer and birch woods.  

the numbers are proprietary to the company or manufacturer.  inventory, color, style, wood.  those numbers we rarely can decipher since we cannot get company information but usually it is style and inventory.

your desk was made around 1910-20. a ladies fall front writing desk or secretary desk.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971