Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Saga fruit machine

Hello I have just been given a saga mad money fruit machine in full working order and was just wondering how much it is worth and where I could sell it

Hi Richard,

Is that the Mad Money with Alford E Newman from the Mad Magazine on the lighted marque on top? If so, that is not a bad machine to have. Value for this is going to be a lot more where you're at. They don't sell for a great deal here in the U.S.A. One of the biggest reasons they don't get a lot for them here is the fact that most if not all of them are working on a foreign coin amount other than the U.S. coin. If you follow the ebay auctions on your side of the pond you can get a feel for what they are selling for in your area, here is a good ebay link for you to watch:

I see someone has some parts for one on the auction now and the top lighted marque is also up for auction. Here in the U.S. they sell in the 400.00 range in U.S. dollars. Interesting machine, it was made overseas to market here but the Mad Magazine company got word of it and made a big fuss about it, told Sega that if even one of them made it over here they would sue for copyright infringement so the Sega's Mad Money slot machines went everywhere else except to the U.S. There is some around here now and I have even had one at one time. I have the marque glass with the: What-Me Worry on my office wall. You might also try to find a Mad Magazine collectors auction and I bet there would be very strong interest in it there, and I know they had an on-going auction years ago just for Alford E Newman and Mad magazine stuff. These are good machines made (stamped out) with original Mill Company dies and well built.

Thank You
Rodger Knutson

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Rodger Knutson

I am an expert on old coin operated machines, slot machines, trade stimulator's, jukeboxes, old arcade machines, etc. I have been identifying these for people who respond to my web site listed below, for a few years now. In almost all cases I am able to tell them about their old coin operated machines, the year, the value, and other general information about their machines. I do not know much about soda vending machines, coin banks, or scales, but I will try to help you with these if I can. Please email photo's to: My web site is at:

I bought my first slot machine, a .50 Cent Mills Black Cherry in 1969 and have been hooked from that time, I still have that Slot machine! Before that I found a open barrel full of old scraped jukebox wall boxes behind a restaurant, I wanted them all but never took a one of them. Anything that took a coin drove me nuts!

C.O.C.A. and other slot and coin operated machine groups, associations, groups, and clubs.

Many, the Coinslot magazine, always juken, Coin Slot Journal, Slot Box Collector, and others that I don’t remember at this time.

Graduated from Ballard High School in 1969, went to Edison Technical Collage for a couple of years taking welding and metal fabrication, tig, mig, heliarc, also arc and gas welding and fabrication. Then Apprenticed under a slot machine technician who worked in the slot machine industry Reno Nevada, and set up bar poker progressive machines in the casino's, and repaired machine and did the repairs on slot machine circuit boards there. He also was involved in the 2 hand dealer's market and bought and sold machines at the casinos auctions for the secondary market, which includes selling used machine overseas. I learned a ton from this man; he always had the correct answers and took the time to teach me the business. My interest and knowledge in other and older coin operated machine is for the most part, self-taught. It's been my passion from back in 1968 and before, my thirst for knowledge about these machines has kept me more interested over the years, and keeps me searching for more information even today. I have meet and talked to book authors on these machines, attended hundreds of coin operated shows and auctions, and I stay with that to this very day.

Take a look at my allexperts rating, and my guest book, links to these are at Also you can check my 100 percent rating on ebay, as I have been there with ebay from their day one, I am user coinslots at ebay. My other awards come from the very people that I deal with, I always make them happy, no matter what it takes, but they always are happy anyway as the countless thank you letters testify to me, so I know I am doing right, and the best I can. I have found so many hard to find parts for people, I hunt them down and don't stop until I find what is needed to get that customers machine running again and back to life, that is my main goal.

Client privacy prevents this answer, as some are VIP and famous and I will not betray the trust.