Collectibles-General (Antiques)/toy sewing macine

side 1 vulcan sm
side 1 vulcan sm  

side 2 vulcan sm
side 2 vulcan sm  
I was given this toy sewing machine for Christmas '58 or '59.  Getting ready for a garage sale and trying to figure out if it is worth anything.  Pictures attached.

Hello Dorothy,
Thank you for your query and for attaching photos.

You little Vulcan sewing machine has paint loss and without seeing the machine in person, it would be impossible for me to quote a value as I have no idea if it is complete or not.

If it was in MINT condition, all complete, it would be in the $75-$125 range.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Irene Schwall

I have been a collector of antique sewing tools and thimbles for over 30 years. I am also a dealer in this field and sell on eBay under the name -- serengeti2. I am NOT, and I repeat NOT an expert on antique or vintage domestic household sewing machines used for everyday home sewing. I can offer help when it comes to Toy or miniature collectible sewing machines ONLY.

See information provided above.

Thimble Collectors International
SCTC - Southern California Thimble Club
SDTC - San Diego Thimble Club
OTS - Ohio Thimble Seekers
Priscilla Nutmeggers - CT/MA/NH
Dorset Thimble Society - UK
Rund um den Fingerhut - Germany
Cyberthimble on Yahoo

I belong to Thimble Collectors International & I chair the committee 'Publishing/Grants' and oversee the research and publication of booklets relating to sewing tools and thimbles. I have also had articles published on needlework related topics.

See information provided above.