Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Wingback chair

wingback chair
wingback chair  
I have a cane, wingback chair that I'd like to sell.  However, I'm not sure what the value even is.  I have searched and searched online to find something even close with no avail.  I'm hoping you maybe able to assist me.
Thank you in advance for your time.

Diane - Your chair is from the 1920s. Two examples are shown in the book "Furniture of the Depression Era" by Swedberg, Collector Books.

The chair is made of a secondary wood, birch, poplar or gum, with a walnut finish.
Here is a similar chair that sold at auction for $80.  

Your chair should sell in the $50-$100 range.

Thanks for writing.

Fred Taylor  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Fred Taylor

I will attempt to answer questions about American antique furniture, including construction details, style, period, manufacturers, care, repair and storage. I do not have any background in appliances, musical instruments, sewing machines, trunks, lighting, clocks or children's and baby furniture and will not respond to questions about those items.

I ran an antique furniture restoration business for twenty years. I am a nationally syndicated columnist on the subject of antique furniture for such publications as Antique Week and New England Antiques Journal. I have produced one video on the subject of furniture identification and my book "HOW TO BE A FURNITURE DETECTIVE" is now available.I have also published articles in Antique Trader, Chicago Art Deco Society, Northeast Magazine, Victorian Decorating and Lifestyles, Professional Refinishing, Antiques and Art Around Florida and Antique Shoppe. You can visit my website at

BSBA Finance, University of Florida, MBA Finance, University of Florida