Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Wingback chair

Question
wingback chair
wingback chair  
I have a cane, wingback chair that I'd like to sell.  However, I'm not sure what the value even is.  I have searched and searched online to find something even close with no avail.  I'm hoping you maybe able to assist me.
Thank you in advance for your time.
Diane

Answer
Diane - Your chair is from the 1920s. Two examples are shown in the book "Furniture of the Depression Era" by Swedberg, Collector Books.
http://www.amazon.com/Furniture-Depression-Era-Accessories-1920S/dp/0891453326/r

The chair is made of a secondary wood, birch, poplar or gum, with a walnut finish.
Here is a similar chair that sold at auction for $80.
https://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/7313826  

Your chair should sell in the $50-$100 range.

Thanks for writing.

Fred Taylor
info@furnituredetective.com  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Fred Taylor