Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Antique Platform Rocker/Recliner

Question
Antique Platform Rocker/Recliner
Antique Platform Rocke  
QUESTION: I was given this chair by my mother in law. She is 79 yrs old. It was her great grandfather's chair. It has never been refinished or reupholstered. It has two metal "arms" by the seat back used to recline. The foot rest is stuffed with hay. Can you tell me the approx age, craftsman, area of the country it was possibly made and approx value.
Thank you for your time & assistance.

ANSWER: use the follow up function and post another picture showing the mechanism on the back.

QUESTION: Robert, you can see the metal "arms" in the photo.  It's not in the back.  It's alongside the seat back.  It has "teeth" to hold the back in different reclining positions.  Thank you for your assistance!!  I really appreciate the help.

Answer
recliner
recliner  

recliner
recliner  
I can see part of the mechanism but would like to see it better.  there sere several that were similar and seeing the entire piece can most likely tell me which company made the chair.  Of the 5000 manufacturers in operation at the time half made these style chairs.

piece was made in the USA, around 1900-1920, wood is birch stained to dark mahogany from the factory.  it would sell at 450 on todays market.

if yours matches the attached photos then it is made by Larkin.  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein