Collectibles-General (Antiques)/antique rocking chair

Question
chair
chair  

cushion/filling
cushion/filling  
Hello, I have an old rocking chair I am looking to sell, I have seen similar mission style rocking chairs but this chair has a few curves and details...Is this chair rare? I believe it is the original upholstery on the seat, and it is filled with wood chips (wood wool?). I would love to know when and where it came from and an approximate value. Thank you!!

Margaret

Answer
1910-20.  slat back slipper rocker.  cant tell the wood but probably birch stained to a dark mahogany from the factory.  without a label there is no way to tell who manufactured this as there were several thousand manufacturers in operation.  not rare, manufactured.

seat with horse and pig hair stuffing as is common.

retail in a shop it would sell at 75-125 depending on condition.

thanks

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein