Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Antique Writing Desk

Question
IMG_2157(1).jpg
IMG_2157(1).jpg  
QUESTION: Just wondering what this writing desk is worth, it belonged to my Mom, there is a paper stamp on the inside of the center drawer, H.E.Shaw Furniture, Grand Rapids, Michigan.

ANSWER: please use the followup function and post another picture with the top opened

thanks

Writing desk
Writing desk  
QUESTION: Second picture of the writing per your request.

Answer
This is called a spinet desk.  usually manufactured of sweet gum or birch wood for the frame and legs with mahogany veneer for the top, sides and faces.  made around 1920 and i believe the company operated under that name from 1910-1933.

they did specialize in spinnet desks.

hope this helps

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein