Collectibles-General (Antiques)/gumball machine

Gumball Machine1
Gumball Machine1  
I've inherited this antique gumball machine from my dad who has had it for many years. It seems to work fine but is pretty crusty. I can't find anything at all about it anywhere. Can you tell me anything about it?

Sorry this answer has taken so long. I just returned from a two week vacation.
Your machine is called a "Tom Thumb", made in Jackson, Michigan in about 1936.
The name of the manufacturer was Fielding Mfg Co. (no longer in business)
Condition is important in determining value. Values range from $125 to about $225.
John, I hope this information is helpful for you. Regards, Gumgod

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Jack Freund

I have 35 years experience in the coin op field, specializing in old gumball and peanut machines. Also trade stimulators, especially turn of the century cigar store machines, both cast iron and wooden machines.

I have owned over 3000 coin operated machines. Much knowledge comes from experience as there is not a lot of documented information on many coin operated machines. Experience is the teacher.

Coin Operated Collector's Association

I host a column in the C.O.C.A. Times, (the magazine for members of the Coin Operated Collector's Association). The column is titled "Tales Of The Hunt" and features stories and comments about member's great (and sometimes not so great) finds.

I have been a dealer at the Chicagoland Slot Machine and Coin Op show since it started. Look for me in Booth F-09. Stop by with your questions or photos. I'll try to help you or buy your machine if you prefer.