Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Hastings Table

img 0012 jpg
img 0012 jpg  
QUESTION: I have 54" pedestal ,1/4 cut sawn oak ,claw foot table with4 leaves(2 original) 6 chairs with sideboard,and small table. No# on bottom of table  40  142.I'm downsizing and needless to say my son doesn't want it. what would be a fair price to ask/Users/beverly/Desktop/IMG_0011.jpg/Users/beverly/Desktop/IMG_0012 (1).jpg

ANSWER: please use teh followup function and take a full view picture of the pedestal and also, pull the top apart and do a picature of the top of the pedestal with the mechanism

QUESTION: As I live alone it will take a few days to get some one here to help open the table and get the photo's you've asked for

sorry to put you to more trouble.  hastings often used the tyden mechanism which is the best one made when inserting leaves.  It would lock tight no matter how many leaves were inserted. also it usually spearated at the pedestal only when three or more leaves were inserted.

I have sold two hastings tables with the tyden mechanism after refinishing and with 5 original leaves each.  the mahogany sold at 4500$ with an empire style base, very elegant table.

I purchased and oak with the empire style base several months ago with the five original leaves and paid around 850$.  

if you would for now, please take a picture of the table pedestal, full view of the table, chairs, small table, and sideboard and send to my email as attachments.

This will help me to help you then if you can open the table 12 to 15 inches to take the picture of the mechanism send it on when you have it.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971