Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Hastings Table

Question
img-0011.jpg
img-0011.jpg  
img 0012 jpg
img 0012 jpg  
QUESTION: I have 54" pedestal ,1/4 cut sawn oak ,claw foot table with4 leaves(2 original) 6 chairs with sideboard,and small table. No# on bottom of table  40  142.I'm downsizing and needless to say my son doesn't want it. what would be a fair price to ask/Users/beverly/Desktop/IMG_0011.jpg/Users/beverly/Desktop/IMG_0012 (1).jpg

ANSWER: please use teh followup function and take a full view picture of the pedestal and also, pull the top apart and do a picature of the top of the pedestal with the mechanism

thanks

QUESTION: As I live alone it will take a few days to get some one here to help open the table and get the photo's you've asked for

Answer
sorry to put you to more trouble.  hastings often used the tyden mechanism which is the best one made when inserting leaves.  It would lock tight no matter how many leaves were inserted. also it usually spearated at the pedestal only when three or more leaves were inserted.

I have sold two hastings tables with the tyden mechanism after refinishing and with 5 original leaves each.  the mahogany sold at 4500$ with an empire style base, very elegant table.

I purchased and oak with the empire style base several months ago with the five original leaves and paid around 850$.  

if you would for now, please take a picture of the table pedestal, full view of the table, chairs, small table, and sideboard and send to my email as attachments.

This will help me to help you then if you can open the table 12 to 15 inches to take the picture of the mechanism send it on when you have it.

thanks.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein