Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Imperial Tea Wagon

Question
Imperial Tea Wagon
Imperial Tea Wagon  

Imperial Badge
Imperial Badge  
This Mahogany  Imperial Tea Wagon sports the green Imperial logo in the drawer and a crayon written 5 2 8 on the bottom side of the drawer.  Is this hand written 5 2 8 a possible date code?  I would be interested in hearing your opinion as to value or any other comments you may have.   
thank you very much EricL

Answer
inventory code or color code not a date.

this would have been made in the late 1940s or early 50s.

condition is good.  color is called fruitwood ( i dont know why) and was very dominant in its use during that time.  

wood could be one of several, birch, maple, or sweet gum.

these sell in this good condition at 400-450 which is higher due to it being mid century, which is coming into popularity on the secondary market.

hope this helps

thanks

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein