Collectibles-General (Antiques)/kitchen cabinet john stuart inc.

Question
john stuart kitchen cabinet
john stuart kitchen ca  

john stuart kitchen cabinet
john stuart kitchen ca  
I bought a kitchen cabinet at a yard sale for $75.00.It is a John Stuart Inc. Grand Rapids.I would like to know the year it was made and/or any information you can give me, including value.I also would like to know if the value would minimize if i was to paint it.I would really appreciate it.It is a piece I really love and i would like to keep it for many years to come.

Answer
1934-1956 is when the showrooms of j stuart were open.  they bought from manufacturers in the grand rapids area and did no manufacturing of their own.

the style of this china cabinet or bookcase is Federal style.  the color was called fruitwood, i dont know why.

it is a classic style and form.

in a shop now it would sell at 450.  after paint it would depend on the quality of the paint job, and the color.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein