Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Knick Knack Shelf

Knick Knack Front
Knick Knack Front  

Knick Knack Back
Knick Knack Back  
Hi again Robert,  One more question for you.  this is a small knick knack shelf that was a great grand mothers,  I believe.  
Can you tell me what you think of this unit and it's value?  

thank you again

not sure what you want to know.

i cannot see the wood grain but it is probably in birch wood.  it is a really nice rack in the eastlake style from around 1890.

would sell in a store at around 500 in a shop cleaned and waxed.  a good shop not a flea market.

If i were to see this at 250 i would probably buy it, depending on my mood, knowing i could make a couple of hundred on it.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971