Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Knoxville Table & Chair Company

Table side/top view
Table side/top view  
Dear Robert,

I've recently obtained this foyer table and discovered two partial stickers underneath the table with the Knoxville Table & Chair Company logo. I see on your AllExperts website that this company operated from the late 1800's to the mid 1930's. Can you tell me what year this particular table might have been made and what its current market value might be?
Thank you,

Table was made in the 1910-20s era.

cant tell the wood species in the photo but the finish looks to be original in the walnut tone.  most of these sofa tables or foyer or entrance tables were in tulip poplar, sweet gum, mahogany and walnut.  tops were usually veneered if in walnut or mahogany.  bases were almost always sweet gum.

i recommend you buy walnut colored Briwax and go over the table with it.  use no oils please.

after waxing retail pricing would be 350-400 depending on the selling venue.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971