Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Mahogany Association Inc. #255 china cabinet

Question
china cabinet
china cabinet  

Serial # tag
Serial # tag  
Hi and thank you for taking my question. I have a China Cabinet with sticker by "Mahogany Association" with a serial #255. Is there any way I can find who was the manufacturer or the value of the China cabinet? I'd like to sell it and don't know what its worth. Please forgive the turquoise sheet that is covering my personal pictures. :)

Answer
Maribeth - The master list of Mahogany Association members has been AWOL for many years. I have been assembling my own small list but the number 255 hasn't shown up yet so I do no know who made your cabinet.

Based on one dark photo I would estimate your cabinet to be from the late 1940s to late 1950s. It is a Colonial Revival reproduction of a Federal era cabinet of the early 1800s. I would expect it to sell at auction in the $100-$200 range depending on condition.

Thanks for writing.

Fred Taylor  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Fred Taylor