Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Serpentine Front Mahogany Sideboard

Serpentine Front Mahogany Sideboard
Serpentine Front Mahog  

Serpentine Front Mahogany Sideboard
Serpentine Front Mahog  
Hello Bob,
could you please identify country of origin of this sideboard, its approximate era / age, the style, and possibly present market value?
I have seen similar sideboards online referred to as George 3rd style,Sheraton style, or Hepplewhite style. Which is this one?
There is a small British Antique Dealers Accociation logo on the top drawer.
The top and sides are made of solid mahogany, and the back is just one large panel of wood. The inside of the cabinet ( not visible) is rather rough wood ( perhaps hand cut?), not smooth like some of the more recent pieces. Dove tails are hand cut. On the face of the brass locks there is an engraving in a circle : I W&S  L, and beside it: 2 lever.
There were some cracks / lines in the curved veneer parts of the cabinet on the left and on the cellarette on the right side. Unfortunately they had been over sanded during a previous restoration job. We repaired the areas as best we could, but the cracks could not be totally hidden.
At one point the cellarette had compartments to accommodate bottles that were wider / fatter than we have nowadays..
We think it is a charming piece, and are wondering abouts its present market value, given the blemishes?    
Thank you kindly!

Thanks for the additional pictures.

piece is European, typical construction of euro pieces made between 1890-1920.

classic, Hepplewhite style.  I don’t get into the European nomenclature of styles, the regency 123 or Georgian 123 since like in the American nomenclature of Federal Style, it is more of an umbrella that holds several stylistic characteristics.

if the surfaces are all good and everything works as it should a shop price would average around 1500-1800$.

hope this is what you needed

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971