Collectibles-General (Antiques)/What style of couch is this?

I'm selling this couch on craigslist, and I'd like to offer a good description.  Can you help me identify the style/period?  There are no manufacturer's marks that I can see.
There are some very nice pineapple details on the back piece, and the arm cloths match nicely.
Also, what is the difference between a couch and a sofa and a chaise?

Call it a Duncan Phyfe style sofa manufactured 1920-1940.  Should be in mahogany but i cannot tell for certain due to the distance of the photo.

The cushions are not placed correctly.  all the stripes should match from top, back, seat to floor.

chaise translates to 'long chair'
sofa and couch is used interchangeably.  there are numerous definitions of both that intermingle.  way too much to go into here but it is interesting to look up if you have time.  definitions change over time and these two terms are no exception.

I would call it a sofa.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971