Collectibles-General (Antiques)/1969 Bally 873-c Slot Machine

Question
How do i get to the bottom light bulb?

Answer
Showing two screw location to remove Bally E lightbox
Showing two screw loca  
Hi Keith
Well this will be a little tough to explain but I will give it a shot here. The front comes off as a light box unit, you just unplug the two transformers inside and on the back of the front door, then there are two screws, sometimes one is missing but there should be two, at the far end of the top of the light box inside, on the hinge side of the door and almost hidden by the white mounted wiring plug about 2" below where the top of the light box would be, you will see a Philips head screw. Very hard to get at and see because of the wiring plug that is mounted there, it is behind that. Before taking out either screw let be warn you, once the last of the two screws, if you have both screws still in place, once you remove the last one that whole light box will fall away from the door and hit the ground unless you're ready for it, if it has never removed it might stick there for a bit but it will fall out very quickly and free fall to the floor so have someone hold it so it doesn't get broke. When you unplug the two transformers' they will stay on the light box as one unit when you remove it. Look at my diagram and you will see the location of the two screws, these screws, screw into the sheet metal that is the back of the light box, that you going to remove. Once the screws are out, the light box will come off by pulling the top of the box away from the door. After that you put it on the bench you will see two very small screws on the bottom and at the middle of that chrome frame that goes around the glass and you remove both of those and it will all come apart.
Thank You
Rodger Knutson
http://www.coinslots.com

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Rodger Knutson