Collectibles-General (Antiques)/B.P John Furnature

Question
Small dresser
Small dresser  

Large dresser
Large dresser  
I have a large white dresser and a small dresser that go together. I was going to give them to goodwill until I saw the serial number and BP John on the bottom of it. It was given to me by my mother.
Is it an antique? Or just another piece of older Furnature?

Answer
Dede - Bruno Paul John was a German immigrant cabinetmaker who worked for the Doernbecher Furniture Co in Portland, OR until he started his own business in 1891. The point where he opened his factory is now called John’s Landing. The company was in business through the Depression but I don’t know how much longer after that it lasted. B. P. John furniture is not especially valuable. The company was not noted for its construction techniques or its styles. Most of its work was typical Colonial Revival type furniture.   

In other words you just have some older furniture.

Thanks for writing.

Fred Taylor  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Fred Taylor