Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Colby's hutch

Colby\'s hutch
Colby's hutch  

Bottom of hutch
Bottom of hutch  
Can you give me some information about this hutch. Has the Skeleton key top door and one large single drawer. 60 tall x 18 deep x 41 wide.Tag on back says Colby's C 12833. What is it worth?  Purchased at an auction because it is so cute and in excellent condition.

would you post this again with a little clearer picture so i can see the grain of the wood

i need to make sure it is walnut and sweet gum woods.  is so it is from 1920s and would sell in a shop at 450-550.

you may use the followup function to repost and add pictures

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971