Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Dressing Table

Dressing table
Dressing table  
Dressing table
Dressing table  
QUESTION: I have a Sligh dressing table.  I can't find pictures anywhere of this particular one.  Pls help with some information.  I would also like value if you could help me.  The Sligh emblem is round with black background and gold writing. There is a bench seat with it but it needs to be recovered.  I can get more pictures if needed.  the joints in the drawers and the back to the front, etc. are what I think are called dove tail they join together with no nails.

I appreciate your help so very much.

ANSWER: vanity or dressing table in the sheraton style made around 1920 in mahogany and mahogany veneers.

in a retail market it would sell at 450.

you may what to buy some antique mahogany color Briwax and wax the piece.

it is a good one, good style and form.  mirrors are often hung on the wall.

QUESTION: Do you know where I can find pictures of this dressing table?

Where is the best place to advertise this to sell?

You would have to locate a Sligh catalog of the 10-15 years these would have been manufactured.  to do that would be futile at best as few are online since they first have to be digitized.

sometimes you can luck into a picture using google books search for the furniture trade mags in grand rapids mi.

as to selling, i dont know what is available in your area for advertising.  perhaps you can use a local online selling venue.  sorry but i do not know what is locally available.  perhaps talk to those in antique malls.  seems that every town has several.

good luck, make sure you wax it up first.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971