Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Dressing Table

Question
Dressing table
Dressing table  
Dressing table
Dressing table  
QUESTION: I have a Sligh dressing table.  I can't find pictures anywhere of this particular one.  Pls help with some information.  I would also like value if you could help me.  The Sligh emblem is round with black background and gold writing. There is a bench seat with it but it needs to be recovered.  I can get more pictures if needed.  the joints in the drawers and the back to the front, etc. are what I think are called dove tail they join together with no nails.

I appreciate your help so very much.

ANSWER: vanity or dressing table in the sheraton style made around 1920 in mahogany and mahogany veneers.

in a retail market it would sell at 450.

you may what to buy some antique mahogany color Briwax and wax the piece.

it is a good one, good style and form.  mirrors are often hung on the wall.

QUESTION: Do you know where I can find pictures of this dressing table?

Where is the best place to advertise this to sell?

Answer
You would have to locate a Sligh catalog of the 10-15 years these would have been manufactured.  to do that would be futile at best as few are online since they first have to be digitized.

sometimes you can luck into a picture using google books search for the furniture trade mags in grand rapids mi.

as to selling, i dont know what is available in your area for advertising.  perhaps you can use a local online selling venue.  sorry but i do not know what is locally available.  perhaps talk to those in antique malls.  seems that every town has several.

good luck, make sure you wax it up first.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein