Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Grand rapids showcase company.

Back of case.
Back of case.  

Front of case.
Front of case.  
Hello I recently acquired a beautiful showcase from a storage unit.  I have been searching online for any information on it to obtain a market value for this piece with the intention to sell. Also an age of the piece would be wonderful. I just may keep it based on your finding's  I was sent a link to you from a lady names Diana Barrett from the grand rapids historical commission. Thank you in advance for any information you may come up with.
Kyle Nicholas

Wood is oak
style is 1920-30
doors and shelf show this to be a good one.  
self being not a glass one indicates this was not in a jewelry store.

When I see these for sale in shops they have prices of 575-1150.
They do not sell fast at the higher prices and some, with fancy moldings and
more flair, and from the 1880-1910s scan sell higher depending on condition.

I would place a resale value on yours at 850-1000.  If a person like myself were to buy yours to use in an antique shop we would pay around 6-650 if it had the top glass.  The top glass is thicker and would have a half inch bevel with the overall thickness of the top glass being at least three eights inch thick.  The bevel makes it so the edge is even with the wood when inserted.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971